Ginger Marinated Chicken – Infused With Coconut Milk
- Chicken breasts – 2 moderate sized – chop in small cubes
- Ginger paste – 1 tspn
- Garlic paste: 1 tspn
- Turmeric: ¾ tspn
- Red chilli powder – ½ tspn
- Chopped green chillies – 1 (optional)
- Mix all the above and keep aside for 15 minutes
- Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Onions: 2 moderate sized – chopped
- Green chillies whole – 1 or 2 optional (if you like spicy)
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tspn
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tspn
- Ginger paste – ½ tspn
- Garlic paste – ½ tspn
- Tomatoes – 2 moderate size, finely chopped
- Coconut milk – 2 – 3 tablespoons (or more if you like) but not too much; maximum 4 tablespoons
- Cumin powder – ½ tspn
- Garam masala ¼ tspn (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnish
- Heat oil to hot.
- Add green chillies (optional).
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- Then add chopped onions. Cook until golden brown.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes go soft. Close with lid and cook for a few minutes. Keep stirring so that it doesn’t get burnt.
- Add the chicken marinade with chicken. Cook until chicken pieces start going white. Keep stirring so that chicken doesn’t get burnt.
- Add coconut milk. Cook with the lid closed until chicken starts getting cooked.
- Add cumin powder and garam masala (optional).
- Add salt for taste.
- Add ½ cup of water or add amount of water based on how thick or thin you want the gravy to be.
- Cook with the lid closed for further 10 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with fresh copped coriander.
- Best served with Chapathis or white rice and green salad