Ayurvedic Broccoli and Beans
- Broccoli – one
- Beans – a bunch
- Ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric root ½ inch – chopped
- Ginger root 1/2 inch – chopped
- Garlic pods – 3 – chopped
- Cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Chop Broccoli florets
- Chop Beans into 2 inch lengths
- In a pan, take water, add broccoli and beans and cook/boil until tender.
- Drain water and keep aside
In a Pan:
- Heat the ghee until hot
- Add turmeric, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, mustard seeds.
- When the seeds splutter, add the broccoli and beans
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Cover with lid and cook for further 5 – 10 minutes
- Add salt for taste
- Optional – add freshly crushed black pepper
This can be had as a side with Kitchadi or Ayurvedic Soups