Dr Deepa Apté MBBS (India), YLA, BYV, ITEC, MICHT is a fully qualified Indian medical doctor (Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery, India), a qualified Yoga teacher (specialising in Hatha Yoga and the Sivananda tradition) and a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner. Dr Deepa is a former external Examiner for a Masters degree accredited by Middlesex University.
In 2013 she was personally awarded the prestigious Outstanding Achievement Award by CAMExpo, the UK’s leading exhibition provider for Complementary and Alternative Medicine and in 2014 the Outstanding Achievements Award at the APCTC (Association for Professional Coaches, Trainers and Consultants).
She lectures widely on Ayurveda and Yoga (both in the UK and Germany) and regularly writes articles for, and features in, magazines and the press (e.g. “Health & Fitness” magazine, “She” magazine, Holland and Barrett’s “Healthy” magazine and “Today’s Therapist” magazine). After having run successful practices in India and Germany, she now runs her practice from The Ayurveda Pura Health Spa & Beauty Centre, London where she offers Ayurvedic consultations, individual Yoga sessions and workshops.
Awards recieved so far:
- National Spa of The Year: 2013
- Great taste Awards for our products: We won three Awards in 2013
- Natural Beauty Awards for our skin care range.
- Outstanding Achievements Awards through CAMEXPO: The Biggest Complimentary Health Expo in UK/Europe
- Outstanding Achievements Awards at the APCTC Awards Ceremony (Association of Professional Coaches, Trainers and Consultants
- FHT Excellence in Education Awards: Tutor of the Year 2014
- British Indian Awards: Finalist for the Business Woman of the Year 2014
- Asian Women of Achievements Awards: Finalist for Entrepreneur of the Year 2014
Having previously run many workshops and courses, she lectures as a guest speaker at numerous international health and wellbeing exhibitions (e.g. OM Yoga Show, London) and is the lead lecturer of the Ayurveda Pura Academy. Dr Apté is an experienced teacher with a knowledge which is second to none on both theoretical and practical aspects of Ayurvedic medicine and treatments.
Dr Deepa Apté is one of the directors and founders of Ayurveda Pura and is in charge of Ayurveda Pura’s products, their production and ingredients.