Moong Daal with Dill & Spring Onions:
Perfect Recipe for Winter and cold season!
- Yellow Split Moong Daal – 1 cup
- Spring Onions – 3-4
- Dill – a bunchful
- Ghee or oil – 1 tablspoon
- Cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Fresh ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Whole green chillies 2 – optional
- Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
- Jaggery (optional) ¼ tspn
- Salt to taste
- Soak the Moong Daal in hot water for 15-20 minutes so that they go soft. The hot water helps the beans to go softer rather than then being hard when cooking.
- Chop the spring onions including the green leaves
- Chop dill to smaller sections
0 Heat the ghee/oil to very hot
0 Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds so that they splutter.
0 Add whole green chillies (optional)
0 Then add spring onions and stir until very lightly golden brown.
0 Add turmeric and ginger paste and cook further for 3-5 minutes.
0 Meanwhile drain the water completely from the Moong Daal.
0 Add Moong Daal in and keep stirring . Close with a lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
0 Then add the Dill. Stir for 2 minutes.
0 Add salt and jaggery
0 Close the lid and cook for a few minutes.
This can be served with cooked rice or chapattis and steamed salad.