My Weight Loss Journey:
Start Weight – 58.5kg
Today’s Weight – 58.2kg
Aimed Weight – 50kg
[[Click on Product Names for more information]]
It’s Saturday, so a slow start! Although I woke up at 5:45am, once again it wasn’t a good night in terms of sleep. It was quite terrible with stormy weather and strong winds.
It was a different start to the day today.
- Woke up 5:45am
- Got up, got dressed in my yoga clothes and shoes
- Went down to the kitchen
- Had 200 ml of plain hot water (no ginger lemon tea as yet)
Carried out my usual morning workout:
- Staircase Workout: Interesting I actually managed to do 10 sets today
- Standing Forward Lunges – 10 Each Side
- Standing Side Squats – 10 Each Side
- Standing Central Squats – 10 repetitions
- Right Leg Forward Lift – 10 repetitions
- Right Leg Sideways Lift – 10 repetitions
- Right Leg Backward Lift – 10 repetitions
- Left Leg Forward Lift – 10 repetitions
- Left Leg Sideways Lift – 10 repetitions
- Left Leg Backward Lift – 10 repetitions
- Standing Forward bend followed by Arching Mountain – 10 sets
I did sweat quite a lot. But due to two bad nights, I did not want to risk exhaustion. Therefore after a short break, I went back to bed for an hour. When I woke up, I actually felt rested and quite awake and refreshed.
So here went Round 2:
- 200 ml hot water with Ayurveda Pura Tulsi powder of one capsule
- Ayurveda Pura’s Ginger & Lemon Zest Tea – 3 mugs
- Had a shower. Got ready. Carried out a Webinar for a private group of students from 10am to 12noon.
- And then after that had that feeling of: WEEKEND!
Once again changed into my yoga clothes. But this time it was for a very different kind of workout: HOUSE CLEANING – 4 Hours
- Upstairs – Downstairs
- All Rooms – Kitchen- Toilets – Hallways – Staircase – Doors – Windows
- Vacuumed – Mopped – Cleaned – Dusted – Wiped – Cleared – Tidied
NOTE: Did you know that cleaning the house is one of the best kind of workouts? It’s like a hardcore session of HIIT workout. It involves all movements – forward bends – extensions – twists – seated on floor – arms stretched – Legs wide apart – side twists – squats – you name it – it has it.
NOTE TO YOURSELF – When you don’t feel like working out, exercising, just start cleaning your house. Not only is your house neat, clean and tidy but you would have done your part exercising for the day too.
The above brought me to 4pm. I am sure in between you must have seen my Instagram Posts re Kiss Ibiza! Regarding Music! I love Music! I broke down my cleaning tasks with random dancing in my kitchen on some of my favourite tunes and I loved it!
After all the tasks were completed I had a nice hot shower with some of my DIY steam under the shower to make my body sweat further.
And to my amazement I wasn’t at all hungry during the day. I had a bowl of bananas with cinnamon again before I started cooking dinner! But I had lots of Ayurveda Pura’s Ginger & Lemon Zest Tea all day long.
It was a Penne Pollo Piccante kind of night. And I loved every mouthful of my dinner. I had worked hard all day and now it was a little treat time with some nourishing food.
NOTE: I also try to follow the rule of eating small quantities – but very slowly.
I have this rule: the more favourite the food is, the slower I will eat. The slower one eats, it helps one to feel satiated and full faster. This means you don’t over eat and don’t feel full up to your throat. This is especially important if you are looking to lose weight.
If you observed I completely forgot to take my herbs today! But never mind there is always tomorrow for my herbs.
NOTE: The good thing about Ayurvedic herbs is that even if you miss it randomly for a day or two, there are no withdrawals or adverse effects. That’s the beauty of these herbs!
SUMMARY: I am down to 58.2kg which is great news! I am slowly getting there and I can see that the enthusiasm and effort is gradually increasing. I wasn’t at all tired during the day today. On the contrary I had plenty of energy. I must admit the house work was a great work out. And thanks to lock-down it has made me appreciate these tasks and a clean house even more. Tomorrow is a new day and I also start the new Ayurvedic Liver Cleanse Group which I am very excited about.