Over the last few days/weeks, I have been asked many times for ways of strengthening immunity and immune system in light of the viral spread. Please note what I mention here is from an Ayurvedic point of view to help strength immune system to help prevent any viral illnesses.
Here are several various approaches to help support the immune system. Its not necessary that you follow all of the below. These are just suggestions from which you can choose whatever suits you best. These suggestions are in addition to the suggestions given by your health practitioners and health authorities.
200 ml Hot/Warm Water on empty stomach to drink down, first thing in the morning
Ginger Lemon Zest Tea 3 times daily after meals helps to strengthen the Agni and helps remove Ama from the body. Click Here to buy.
Alternatively you can have the Ginger Honey Chutney in hot water 2-3 times daily. Please Click Here for the recipe and details.
Tulsi Tea is also very good on a daily basis. As Tulsi has very good respiratory system strengthening properties, it also helps to protect the lungs against any illnesses. Click Here to buy.
Chyawanprash 1 teaspoon in a mug of hot water at 11am and 4pm which is known for a very good immune boosting effect. Click Here to buy
Tulsi 2 capsules 2 times daily which is known as one of the best immune boosting herbs for the respiratory system and respiratory system related flues and fevers including any viral infections. Click Here to buy
Neem 1 capsule 3 times daily helps to strengthen the liver and has very good anti viral, anti fungal properties. Click Here to buy
Turmeric 1 capsule 3 times daily as it has very good blood cleansing, anti bacterial, anti viral properties. Click Here to buy
Triphala 2 capsule in evening around 9pm is very essential. This is to help remove excess toxin through stools. It is very essential to make sure that there is no constipation. Constipation can make any illness worse. Click Here to buy
- At least 1 litre of warm water every day.
- Soups as often as possible. Warm foods help to improve circulation and remove illness.
- Avoid cold dairy and dairy products. Avoid excess yoghurt, cold milk, cheese, cream.
- Also avoid cold meat, fish, or cold eggs.
- Aloe Vera Juice as often as possible as its bitter tastes helps to scrape away excess toxins.
- Mix Turmeric and Tulsi ¼ teaspoon each in one litre of water. Bring it to boil so it turns into a decoction. Drink this decoction over the day as a herbal tea.
- Mix one capsule of Triphala powder in a glass of hot water. Gargle with this warm/hot Triphala water every morning before brushing your teeth. This helps with oral and dental hygiene and also in turn helps with strengthening nasal and respiratory passages.
Nasal Wash or Jala Neti with warm water with a pinch-ful of salt and a few drops of Shadbindu Oil. This should be done in the morning as part of morning routine. This helps to cleanse the nasal and sinus passages further helping with immune support. Click Here to buy.
One can also administer 2 drops of Shadbindu Oil in each nostril every morning after a shower. When the drops are administered into the nostril this should be followed by gentle breathing so that the oil gets absorbed into the nasal passages.
If time permits, then practice Bhastrika or Kapalabhati breathing exercises regularly. These breathing exercises generate healthy heat in the body which works towards strengthening the immune system.
In light of people wanting to protect themselves and strengthen immune system, I hope this will be useful and helpful.
I would be grateful if this can be shared among the Ayurvedic and Yogic community so that this can become a support to people looking for help.